Adult Learn to Sail and Refresher Coursers – 2012-2013 season
- Graduates of FBYC’s Learn to Sail program
French Bay Yacht Club has teamed up with Elements Sailing School to offer high quality sailing teaching for adults.
The next one-day courses are being held on:
- Sat 23 November 2013 12-4pm
- Sun 24 November 2013 12:30-4:30pm
- Sat 1 February 2014 10:30-2:30pm
- Sun 2 February 2014 11-3pm
Learn To Sail Dinghy Start Sailing Level 1 & Learn To Sail Dinghy Basic Skills Level 2 can be customised for:
- Beginner adults and older youth
- Intermediate level sailors, and those wanting a refresher course
- Parent/child combinations
Our aim is to make sure you know enough to start sailing with the club. This consists of rigging and an onshore simulator session, followed by on-the-water sail training, in Topaz and Omega boats.. Topaz and Omega boats are comfortable and modern, and great for learning and training, and can also be tweaked up for more experienced sailors.
Further training with Elements is planned through the year, and graduating sailors will also have the option of joining FBYC and using the club’s fleet of Cadet sailing dinghies (on an as available basis) to improve your skills, with advice and support from other club members. If you decide you are hooked and would like to purchase your own boat, we’ll help you out with advice in that area too.
One-day course fees for the 2012-2013 sailing season (subject to change):
- To FBYC members: $175 per person
- To non-members: $195 per person (and sign up with the club within a week of the course and receive a $20 discount on senior or family membership – by joining the club you can use boats and get access to the advice and help, outlined above)
Please book now or register your interest in future courses by emailing email@example.com
or call Amanda (evenings only) on 817 9934.
This course is run by Elements Watersports and you should have a read through their Terms & Conditions
before you make your booking. Fees can be paid to French Bay Yacht Club, BNZ bank account number 020184-0017957-00. Membership
is $150 per year for a Senior member.