Membership of FBYC means accepting that you will be giving your time to contribute to the common good of the club as a whole whilst paying for the privilege of using the club and its facilities through the very reasonable membership fee. The club gives back to you by way of the events it runs, the education it gives you in sailing and other watersports, and the through the shared enjoyment of our great venue with others.
We are very lucky at FBYC to have “stepping up to help” culture.
It takes at least 12 people to run a sailing day, and FBYC desperately needs volunteers to help keep pace with growth. It’s fun and rewarding, and you’ll be part of a great group of people.
We need people to join the club as members, and give us a hand with:
- Ramp duty – launching and retrieving boats before and after racing
- On-water duty – helping the race officer, manning safety boats
- Scoring race and managing the personal handicap system
- Kitchen duty – preparing food and beverages, serving, cleaning up afterwards on race days, prizegivings, etc
- Boat and clubhouse maintenance
- Club admin and event management
- Any other area you are skilled in
Please contact the club to go on our volunteer register.